13 October , 2022
10 Ways to Build Collaborative Teams
Team building is the responsibility of a team leader who needs to be proficient with multiple skills. Being a leader takes a lot of time and effort on crafting strategies, which we are going to discuss below. So, if you’re looking for the best ways for team collaboration, just go through these simple 10 tips below. We’re sure these will make your journey fun and exciting.
A lot of productivity depends on how collaborative a team is, be it any project. And so, building a team can take a lot of time and effort. But, not anymore if you use a team collaboration application such as Task Closet. It’s basically a project management application that comes with an extensive list of features to make team building easier than ever. We’ll tell you more about this application but first, let’s focus on the 10 ways to build collaborative teams.
1. Create a Cause: The first thing that you need for building a strong team is the cause or purpose. And in most cases, the cause is going to be a project, be it large-scale or small-scale. Depending on that, you need to decide on the manpower and then, you need to share the cause with the team in a meeting. That’s the first step to building a team and it’ll depend the most on how well you explain the cause.
2. Share the Vision: Though it’s related to the first tip, the vision isn’t the same as the cause. That’s because the cause of the project might be similar to every other company from your industry as most of them provide the same kind of service that you do. But, the vision of your company is unique and specific. Sharing your company vision with your team will prepare them for the greater cause and motivate them further.
3. Set Goals Ahead: Every project comes with a specific goal that the team needs to achieve. And that’s why it’s really important to let your team members know their specific goals. As a leader, you need to set both long-term and short-term goals clearly and discuss how to accomplish the same with your team members. Studies show that setting goals can be highly effective when it comes to teamwork.
4. Give Deadlines: Managing a project is all about delivering tasks on the discussed deadline. That’s why you need to make a list of all pending tasks with their expected deadline and share the same with your team members. Otherwise, there could be a delay in delivery, which can hamper your workflow. So, setting a deadline is a must regardless of how big or small a project you are handling presently.
5. Focus on Strength: Every team has members with specific skill sets and experiences. That’s why you need to focus on individual team members while assigning tasks. This strategy will help you in quality as well as product management. Otherwise, if you assign a task to inexperienced team members, there could be a delay as well as errors. So, in team collaboration, focusing on strength of your team members is a must.
6. Conduct Group Discussions: When it comes to the minute detail of every specific task in your entire project, discussions can be really helpful. So, you can choose a date and time every week for a comprehensive discussion on how the project tasks are going. And in case you’re managing a big project, you can also conduct small discussions including the core team members so that the workflow is managed easily.
7. Ask for Innovative Ideas: What motivates new employees the most is when they are asked to share unique ideas that could accelerate production. Also, there could be experienced team members who are reliable when it comes to ideation. For this reason, you need to keep on asking for innovative ideas from your team members at the first discussion. It’ll surely encourage your team further and help them to take an active part.
8. Stick to Your Promises: A project manager or team lead is the person whom an entire team relies upon. And as we all know, mutual respect is the key to a perfect work environment. Hence, if you give any promises to your team members regarding what they can expect from the project, you need to make sure that you stick to that. It’ll help you to expect better performance from the team in return.
9. Create a Fun Environment: Most of the performance depends on how well you set up the environment. And since project tasks comprise endless challenges, a lot of stress can hamper the workflow. To reduce all these issues, you need to make the environment fun by including short sessions of debate, games and more events. You can also create a gaming zone as that may work as a stress buster.
10. Choose Task Closet: Finally, if you’re looking for a team collaboration application that’s equipped with every feature listed above, you can give Task Closet a try. It’s a project management application appropriate for all kinds of projects where teams are involved. The app features task groups, task assignments, timelines, report creation, team communication and many more interesting features that can make your work easier.
Task Closet is a creation of our team of highly skilled and experienced app developers at Idiosys Technologies. The app is available for free on both Android and Apple play store. And the best part is that it’s compatible with various devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops and PC. So, managing your team won’t be difficult anymore if you download this advanced application today. And if you want to get the app customized for your company, feel free to get in touch with us! We also provide web development and digital marketing services at the best budget.